Today, I get a new niece. I made her a onesie bouquet. It’s quite simple.
What you’ll need.
- 8 onesies (or however many roses you’d want in your bouquet)
- artificial flowers (I chose calla lilies because they came with large full leaves)
- floral foam
- green floral tape (I used masking tape found in Husfriend’s stash of stuff)
- bamboo skewers
- flower pot (or any other opaque container)
- shredded green paper for filler (I just ran green paper through the shredder)
Start by wrapping the skewers in the green tape for the rose stems. Leave the pointy end uncovered.
To make the rose bud, take a onesie and fold it in half lengthwise, making sure to tuck in the sleeves.
Then roll it from one end to the other until a bud forms. Secure the bud with the masking tape and attach the stem.
To assemble the bouquet, shove the foam down into the flower pot and secure with tape. Then insert each bud into the foam and fill in the gaps with the artificial flowers. Then cover the exposed foam with the shredded paper.